Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NSync or Backstreet Boys?

Today was one of those days where you realize the value of a goodnight's rest...and usually how rarely a night of such bliss actually happens.  In my half-hearted delirium, I broke out into a fantastic rendition of "Bye Bye Bye" outside the UC, stopped only by a debate as to who actually performs the song. I'm not that old, but the days of boy bands are over a decade behind me.  I digress...

FOOD FOOD FOOD.
Yesterday, I created the sandwich to end all sandwiches. Okay, it was just really delicious. My plate consisted of:
  • Sandwich: Organic Chicken breast, swiss, and caramelized onion patty with melted provolone cheese, more caramelized onions, hummus, spinach, and black forest ham.
  • Bruchetta on low sodium crackers
  • Water
  • Hot Raspberry Chai Tea for digestion
As you'll pick up, World, I like to substitute hummus for mayo whenever possible for an extra protein punch and its not-so-fatty content. I'm slowly weening myself of the Blue Plate. It's tough, we southern belles love our mayo. Satisfying and delicious, this was an INCREDIBLY filling lunch. I'm a firm believer in several small, healthy meals throughout the day, so this may have been a little too big for me.

Sorry to cut it short, World, but I'm still catching up on rest and school work, so I'm calling it a day. I have a big day tomorrow with work related stuff, anyway. Deets later, KK??? Promise!!

Peace Out!

1 comment:

  1. Om nom nom sandwich!!! Omg using hummus instead of mayo is GENIUS. I have been trying to get off the Blue Plate too. So good yet so evil. Btw this is Kat xD lol. Ooh ooh! Follow mi food blog "Hungry Hungry Health Nut". We can exchange food ideas :D

    ReplyDelete